Bowel Cancer Australia’s Golden Nugget Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter, the collection of personal information and prize forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The competition is promoted by Bowel Cancer Australia (ABN 98 095 158 633), Level 2, 65 Walker Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. Bowel Cancer Australia is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC). Contact number: 02 9923 8269
Who can enter
3. Entry is open to all Australian residents, residing in Australia, aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families) and its subsidiaries and related entities are not eligible to win the competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. This Promotion has been granted a permit in ACT under the Lotteries Act 1964. Permit number: ACT TP 19/03567
6. This Promotion has been granted a permit in NSW under the Lotteries and Art Unions Act 1901. Permit number: LTPS/19/35378
When to enter
7. The competition commences on Wednesday 19 June at 00:01 AM AEST and closes on Friday 30 August at 11:59 PM AEST (‘Promotional Period’).
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter, not at the time of submission by the entrant.
How to enter
9. To enter the competition, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. Complete the online bowel cancer quiz hosted at www.thegoldennugget.com.au
b. Submit contact details for entry into the competition, including full name and a valid e-mail address
Number of entries permitted
10. Only one (1) entry is permitted per Eligible Entrant
Selection of and notification of winner
11. This is a game of chance, and skill plays no part in determining the winners. The winner will be selected at random at Cox Inall Change Pty Ltd (ABN 40 613 932 166), 116-122 Chapel Street, Windsor, Victoria 3181. Judging will take place on Wednesday4 September at 12.00pm. No entrants are required to be present at the drawer. The winner will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours or the prize will be re-allocated. Reallocation will be based on remaining competition entrants. If unclaimed, re-allocation of the prize, at random, will take place Monday 9 September at 12.00pm at Cox Inall Change Pty Ltd.
12. The results of the competition will be published on the Bowel Cancer Australia Facebook page on Friday 6 September: https://www.facebook.com/BowelCancerAustralia/
13. The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Promotion result.
14. The winner will receive one golden nugget to the value of $5,000. The prize can only be sent to addresses in Australia.
15. If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
16. The Prize cannot be transferred or exchanged.
Media following competition
17. Eligible Entrants consent to:
a. Attending a photo call arranged at a convenient time for both the Eligible Entrant and The Promoter for media outreach following the competition.
b. The Promoter using the winners name, likeness, image and/or voice, including photograph, film and/or recording of the same in any media, including on any social media platform, for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any future competitions), and promoting any product associated with, manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Further terms and conditions
18. Incomplete, indecipherable or ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including the entrant’s identity, age and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with or breaches these conditions of entry, who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion deems to be offensive, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the competition. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages and/or other compensation from a person whom is in breach of these conditions of entry or whom engages in any unlawful or improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition.
19. If the competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition as appropriate.
20. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for, and excludes all liability for, any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the competition is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, (f) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Eligible Entrant or (g) any use of a Prize. The exclusions under this clause (19) do not extend to any negligent acts or omissions of the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents).
24. This competition, and the conduct thereof, is governed by the laws of the Australia.